Healthy Avocado Chicken Bacon Salad recap:
- Bowl o’ freshness.
- Hot or cold.
- Big family vacation rocks.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
This Healthy Avocado Chicken Bacon Salad is so simple and full of fresh flavor! One of my new favorites! Enjoy!
- 8 slices good quality thick bacon (smoked is yummy)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (more to taste)
- 4 cups spinach, cut or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces chicken breast slices
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil for topping
- Fry the bacon according to package directions (I go for crispy on this one). Drain on a paper towel lined plate and crumble or chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over high heat. Add the asparagus, sprinkle with lemon pepper, and saute until golden brown and roasty-looking. I like the little charred pieces so I cooked it a little longer – you can cook for as long as you like depending on how you like your asparagus.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Layer the spinach, chicken, asparagus, and bacon. Cut the avocado into slices and scoop out with a spoon; arrange over the top of the salad. Drizzle or toss with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Top with fresh basil, salt and pepper.