Keto Blueberry Pie is simple to make, with just a handful of ingredients and packed with the sweet taste of fresh blueberries. This pie is pretty easy to make, even if you don’t consider yourself a baker. The sweet and slight tart of the berries are divine in this classic dessert.
- 1 cup of unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cups coconut flour
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 ½ cups of fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp of sugar substitute
- 18 ounce package of room temperature regular cream cheese
- Mix all the ingredients just until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half to make the top and bottom of the pie crust. Roll out with between two sheets of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Transfer one crust into a 9-inch pie pan. Being careful to smooth out any cracks.
- Cut the top crust into long strips of equal length and about 1 inch wide each. Press the dough along the edges of the dish to ensure there are no gaps between. Pour the filling into the lined dish and then weave the strips on top to form a lattice.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place half the rolled low carb dough into a 9-inch pie pan. Spread the cream cheese to the bottom of the crust.
- Add the blueberries that have been mixed with the 2 tablespoons of sugar substitute over the cream cheese layer. Top the pie with the other half of the rolled-out dough. Make sure to add vents to the top of the crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the topping is lightly brown. Cover edges with foil, if necessary to prevent over browning. Once out of the oven, resist the urge to cut into the pie and have a slice.
- The pie needs to cool to room temperature for the filling to thicken up. It usually takes about 2 hours.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀
Source & Picture: Morva for Flickr