“I have been trying to develop a healthy keto chocolate caramel slice, but every time i tried, the caramel never set or didn’t taste quite right. Then I discovered two things that changed everything!”
Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb
Prep Time: 30 Mins | Total Time: 1 Hour | This Recipe Makes : 24 Servings
Per Serving : 113 Calories | 11 g Fat | 2 g Carbohydrates | 1 g Protein
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 3.5 oz butter melted
- 1.5 oz Surkin Gold
- 1.5 oz coconut shredded
- 2 oz butter
- 6 oz Surkin Gold Fiber Syrup
- 3 oz thickened cream
- 5 oz sugar free dar chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Prepare 26×17 baking tin with olive oil spray.
- Mix all base ingredients in bowl.
- Press base ingredients into tin and cook for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While base is cooking make caramel.
- Add all butter, fibre syrup and cream to a large purex bowl . Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir and return to microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Do this 2-3 times until caramel starts to bubble and become foamy and thickens. Just repeat until thick and viscous.
- Pour caramel over base and return tray to oven.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes until caramel is bubbling and lightly brown.
- Remove from oven. While caramel is still hot place chocolate pieces directly onto the top. Leave a minute or 2 and then gently spread with a palette knife or the back of a spoon. A quick jiggle or tap of the tray should smooth the chocolate to a glassy shine.
- Leave to cool, then gently score with the tip of knife to desired size slices.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀