Keto Chocolate chip cookies are a big favorite amongst the ketogenic community. Low carb cookies are a perfect recipe to make for any occasion, or on a Sunday when you’ve got plenty of time up your sleeve, even though they take only 20 minutes.
- 170 g Almond Meal (6 oz – 1 1/2 cups)
- 100 g Salted Butter (3.5 oz – 1/2 cup)
- 130 g Erythritol (SoNourished) (4.5 oz – 3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg (50g / 1.7 oz)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 90 g Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (3oz – 3/4 cup)
Preheat your oven to 180C (355 F). Zap the butter for 30 seconds to melt, but it shouldn’t be hot.
Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat with the erythritol. Add the vanilla and egg, mix on low for another 15 seconds exactly.
Add the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
Press the dough together and remove from the bowl. Combine the chocolate chips into the dough with your hands.
Roll the dough to Make 12 balls and place on a baking tray. Bake for 10 mins.
Let them cool, and serve. Keep in an airtight container.
Source & Picture: Morva for Flickr