Do you like cinnamon rolls? Then you have to try this delicious recipe. They are delicious, easy to make and they are packed with cinnamon flavour.
- 3 cups almond flour (300 g / 10.6 oz)
- 1/2 cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (80 g / 2.8 oz)
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil (28 g / 1 oz)
- 1/4 tsp salt (i like pink Himalayan)
- 2-3 tbsp cinnamon
Add a few tablespoons of water if the mixture is to dry. This depends on the almond flour you are using – make sure you avoid “de-oiled” products in this recipe.
- Mix all the dry ingredients apart from the cinnamon: almond flour, powdered Erythritol, backing powder and salt.
- Add the egg and butter and mix well using your hands.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts. Add cinnamon to one part and combine well using your hainds. Leave the other part plain.
- Place both types of the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 140 °C/ 278 °F . Remove the dought from the fridge and place the plain dough beetwen 2 parts of parchment paper or plastic wrap and roll out until you create about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thick, 12 x 8 inch (30 x 20 cm) shape. I used a non-stick rolling pin and silicon mat.
- Place the cinnamon dough on a parchment paper or silicon mat and roll out into a similar shape. Lift the parchment paper and place the cinnamon dough on the top of the plain dough.
- Roll the dough up tightly, starting from the long side. Fold the edges of the dough in. Using a sharp knife, slice the cookies ( each abot 1 cm / 1/2 inch thick ) Whipe the knife clean as neeaded to prevent it from sticking and ruining the pattern.
- Gently press down the cookies to flatten. Place them, pressed side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Transfer into the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Keep an eye on the cookies-almond flour is prone to burning.
- When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to three mounts. The cokies will first be chewy but will crips up as they cool down.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀