Fluffy with a crispy crust, these keto-style croissants will hit the spot when you are looking for something doughy on the side!
Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb
Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 13 Mins | Total time: 23 Mins | This Recipe Makes : 16 Servings
Per Serving (1 Croissants) : 124 Calories | 8.6 g Fat | 3.6 g Carbohydrates | 1.9 g Fiber | 8 g Protein
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp sparkling water (room temperature)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 385°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add cheese and cream cheese to a large microwavable bowl, stir and microwave until melted.
- Stir in the beaten egg whites, coconut flour, psyllium husk, and pinch of salt.
- Knead with hands until a dough-like consistency is reached, add sparkling water, and continue kneading. Note: If the dough becomes hard, microwave it for 10-15 seconds.
- Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and spread with rolling pin to about ⅓ inches thickness.
- Brush half of the melted butter onto the dough.
- With a pizza cutter, start dividing the dough into 4 equal squares and further cut each square into two triangles that have a bottom approximately 4 inches wide.
- Roll the triangles upward, starting at the widest part, and gradually curve into a crescent shape.
- Place croissants onto baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Brush remaining butter on top and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀