Keto Lemon Bars looks so cheery and fancy, while taking very little work at all to make. Traditional lemon bars are soft and tangy and guaranteed to make a mess of your fingers.
Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb | Sugar Free | Low Carb
Per Serving: 144 Calories | 11 g Fat | 3 g Carbohydrates | 9 g Protein
For the Crust:
- ¾ cups Almond Flour
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Classic
- 2 T Butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Egg Whites
For the Filling:
- 1 cup Lemon Juice (no sugar added)
- ¾ cup Lakanto Confectioner’s Sugar
- ½ tsp Liquid Stevia
- 1 T Xanthan Gum
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Mix all ingredients with a mixer until well combined. Everything should hold together.
- For best results line the pan with parchment paper or foil in the bottom of a square 9 x 9 first, then you can simply lift out the completed lemon bars.
- Coat the foil with coconut oil. Spread the dough in the pan, then bake at 325 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. After baking the crust let it completely cool before adding the filling.
- To make the lemon filling, increase oven temp to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the Lakanto, Xanthan Gum and salt together in a large mixing bowl. Add in eggs and yolks and mix well. Stir in lemon juice and mix until sweetener is completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and bake for 30 minutes, until bars are just cooked through. Let cool then use a sharp knife to cut them into 9 bars.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀
Source & Picture: Morva for Flickr