Healthy Lemon Coconut Energy Balls – Packed with raw cashew nuts, unsweetened shredded coconut, dates, chia seeds, and lemon, they are the perfect no bake snack or treat!
- 150 grams (1 cup) raw cashew nuts
- 175 grams (1 cup) Medjool dates pitted (any other date will work too)
- 45 grams (3/4 cup) unsweetened shredded coconut divided
- 40 grams (1/4 cup) chia seeds
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Add the cashew nuts to a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
Then add the dates, 30 grams (1/2 cup) of shredded coconut, chia seeds and process until well combined.
Add the lemon zest + juice and mix until all the the ingredients come together to form a dough.
With slightly damp hands, roll half tablespoon of the mixture into balls, then roll each ball in the remaining shredded coconut.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀
If dates are dry, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes to soften and then drain.
Source & Picture: Morva for Flickr