Deliciously spiced, fluffy and moist. Enjoy these healthy pumpkin muffins for breakfast or as an afternoon treat. Low carb, Keto, gluten free and sugar free!
- 3/4 cup / 180g pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs large
- 3/4 cup / 75g coconut flour
- 1/4 cup / 60g butter unsalted, melted
- 1/4 cup / 50g granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice / mixed spice
- 1/3 cup / 40g chopped, roasted hazelnuts optional
Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit.
In a food processor or in a bowl with a hand-held electric blender, mix your pumpkin and eggs until smooth.
Add the all other ingredients except the hazelnuts and blend until smooth.
Last, add the hazelnuts, if using, and blend briefly. You want them to add some crunch! The hazelnuts are not essential for the recipe, but their flavour works really well with the pumpkin.
Let the batter sit for a couple of minutes so the coconut flour can absorb the moisture. Then scoop into a muffin pan lined with paper cups and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake around 25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing!
Serve on its own or with either whipped cream or sour cream.
Source & Picture: Anna for Flickr