Buttery and totally irresistible: Keto sugar cookies taste just like traditional sugar cookies, only without the carb load. This easy sugar free cookie recipe requires only 6 ingredients and is gluten free, grain free, low carb and suitable for diabetics.
- 1 cup / 100g almond flour or ground almonds
- 1/3 cup / 35g coconut flour
- 1/3 cup / 35g powdered sweetener
- 1/2 cup / 120g unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum optional
Mix all dry ingredients – almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, xanthan gum (if using).
Add the butter and vanilla extract and blend until you have a smooth dough
Place dough on cling film and roll into a log, about 2 inch in diameter. Chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes (or in the fridge for 30-40 minutes).
Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit.
Remove log from the freezer and cut off cookies. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flatten with your fingers. Leave some space between the cookies – they spread a little.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are browned. Baking time will depend on the thickness of cookies. Rotate the baking sheet if necessary.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before handling. Low carb cookies are VERY soft when hot. They crisp up once cooled.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀
My cookies weighted between 12 and 17g. The mix makes 18 cookies in total.
If you want to use cookie cutters, roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and place in the freezer/fridge to cool. Remove the top parchment and cut out shapes.