Crispy, crunchy and perfect for dipping! These Keto low carb tortilla chips taste just as good as the real thing, but with a fraction of the carbs. Great for nachos!!!
- 200 g / 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella
- 75 g / 3/4 cup almond flour ground almonds work well too
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk or 2 tsp psyllium husk powder
- pinch salt
- optional: 1/4 tsp each garlic powder/onion powder/paprika
Heat your oven to 180 Celsius / 356 Fahreheit.
Melt the mozzarella in the microwave (ca 90 sec-2 min). Alternatively, heat gently in a non-stick pot.
Add the almond flour/ground almonds and psyllium husk plus the salt and spices, if using. Stir until combined, then knead until you have a smooth dough.
Separate the dough into 2 balls and roll out between 2 sheets of baking/parchment paper. Roll out as thinly as possible! The thinner, the crispier your tortilla chips will turn out.
Cut into triangles (I used a pizza cutter) and spread out on a sheet of baking paper so the tortilla chips don’t touch.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until browned on the edges. Baking time will depend on the thickness of your tortilla chips. I baked mine in 2 rounds, plus a third round for the off-cuts.
My tortilla chips weighed around 5-8 grams each and the batch made around 40 chips.
I’d say if you have a couple of dips, they would be enough for 8 people as a nibble/appetizer (or 4 people if it’s more the main attraction of the evening).
Nutrition is calculated on the basis of 8 servings (5 tortilla chips per serving).
If you don’t have psyllium husk, use 2 more tbsp of almond flour instead.
Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀
Source & Picture: Anna for Flickr