If you are on Low carb, you will love this recipe. Thai chicken green curry is a quick, easy and tasty main meal. Great with cauliflower rice!
Cuisine: Low Carb
Cook Time: 15 Mins | Total Time: 15 Mins | This Recipe Makes : 4 Servings
Per Serving : 452 Calories | 17.1 g Fat | 7.5 g Carbohydrates | 1.3 g Fiber | 61 g Protein
- 700 g chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 400 ml coconut milk from a tin (13.5 oz)
- 120 ml chicken stock (1/2 cup)
- 2 lemongrass stalks chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 2 limes
- 200 g sugarsnap peas or green beans
- 150 g beansprouts
- handful of fresh coriander to serve
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce (optional)
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and fry until browned.
Remove the hard outer leaves of the lemongrass and discard. Chop lemongrass. Add together with the garlic, curry paste and lime zest and fry another couple of minutes.
Pour in the coconut milk, chicken stock and lime juice (and fish sauce, if using). Turn down the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the sugarsnap peas and cook another 2 minutes. Then add the beansprouts and cook a further 1 minute (no longer, otherwise they become soggy).
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves before serving. Great with cauliflower rice.
- Enjoy & thanks for sharing! 😀
Source & Picture: Morva for Flickr